Ingredients for preparing Rasam Powder
- Dry Red Chillies (Unaka Mulagu, Sukha Lal Mirch) – 100 gms
- Coriander Seeds (Malli, Dhania) – 50 gms
- Red Gram (Thuvaram Parippu, Arhar Dal, Toor Dhal) – 25 gms
- Peppercorns (Kurumulagu, Kali Mirch) – 25 gms
- Turmeric Powder (Manjal Podi, Haldi) – 2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds (, Jeera) – 1 tbsp
- Clarified Butter (Ney, Ghee) – 1 tsp
Steps for preparing Rasam Powder
- Dry roast coriander seeds, red grams, peppercorns and cumin seeds.
- Fry dry red chillies in ghee till they become brown in colour.
- Powder all the ingredients smoothly.
- Add turmeric powder and stir it well.
- Keep rasam powder in an air tight jar. This powder is used for all types of rasams.
- You can also use the powder form of all the above spices and blend them well using a mixy or blender.
- Store Rasam Powder in a refrigerator for long term use.
- Rasam Powder can also be used as Sambar Powder.